10 Frequently Questions of China book Printing
Usually when we talk to customers, they often ask some questions about China book printing. At this time, we must not take it lightly. Even if some questions are irrelevant, it may be that the customer is testing our professional ability.
1. Why is there a big difference in the price of the same printed matter?
The price of book printing consists of the following parts: the full price of the paper used, the design fee, the plate making fee (including the film), the proofing fee, the printing plate (PS version), the printing fee, and the post-processing fee. Seemingly the same printed matter, the reason why the price is different lies in the difference in the materials and craftsmanship used.
2. Why is the printed thing different from the computer display?
This is a computer display difference, and the color values of each monitor are different. Especially LCD monitors. Take two of the company's computers for comparison: one has a double-hundred red color, and the other looks like 15 more black, but it is actually the same.
3. What are the preparations for printing?
Customers need to do at least the following preparations for custom book printing:
(1) Provide high-precision pictures (above 300 pixels) and provide correct text content (when design is required);
(2) Provide the designed original documents (when no design is required);
(3) The specification requirements should be clearly stated, such as quantity, size, paper, post-processing, etc.
4. How to make our prints look more upscale?
Make the printed matter appear more upscale can be started from three aspects:
(1) The design style should be novel and the layout design should be fashionable;
(2) It is the use of special printing processes, such as: lamination, glazing, bronzing, printing;
(3) Use good materials, such as art paper, PVC materials, wood and other special materials.
5. Why can't the things made by WORD and other office software be printed directly?
In fact, simple things (such as text and tables) made by WORD can be printed directly. Here, why do we say that WORD cannot be printed directly, because WORD is an office software, which is generally used for simple typesetting such as text and tables.
6. Why are things that are very blurry printed on the computer that are very clear?
The computer display is composed of millions of colors, and even the faintest colors can be presented, giving people a very clear vision; while printing is a complex process, it needs to go through processes such as output and plate making. If the color (CMYK value) in some places is lower than 5%, it will not be displayed during plate making.
7. What is four-color printing?
Generally refers to the use of yellow, magenta, cyan three primary color inks and black ink to reproduce various color processes of color originals.
8. What is spot color printing?
It refers to the addition of yellow, magenta, and cyan. A printing process in which other colors other than black ink are used to reproduce the original color. In packaging printing, spot color printing is often used to print large-area background colors.
9. What products must use four-color printing process?
Photos taken by color photography that reflect the colorful changes in nature, color artworks by Chinese printers, or other pictures containing many different colors, must be electronically processed for technical requirements or economic considerations. The color separation machine or the color desktop system scans the color separation, and then uses the four-color printing process to copy it.
10. What kind of products will use spot color printing?
The covers of packaging products or books are often composed of uniform color blocks of different colors or regular gradient color blocks and text. These color blocks and text can be overprinted with four primary color inks after color separation, or can be mixed with spot color ink. , and then print only one spot color ink on the same color block. In the case of comprehensively considering improving the printing quality and saving the number of overprints, it is sometimes necessary to use spot color printing.