Wall Thickness Gauge
Thickness gauges or thickness measurement equipment have the most importance in the automotive industry, where Vernier calipers cannot be utilized efficiently. For measuring the thicknesses of large sheets, complex grooves, small holes, etc. a smart measurement system is required that can measure thickness of different types of materials without any discrepancies. Wall thickness gauge works on the principle of Hall Effect. In this phenomenon, a potential difference gets created when electric current is applied to the transverse of the magnetic field. The Hall Effect sensors sense the potential difference and convert it into electrical form to be processed by the subsequent circuit.
Wall Thickness Gauges for Non-Ferrous Materials
Apart from the thickness gauges for ferrous materials, many thickness gauges are designed to test the thickness of the non-magnetic and non-ferrous materials as well. These instruments are designed with a probe and provided with a magnetic ball which is placed inside the containers to measure the exact thickness of the product using ultrasonic waves. Hence, these devices are also known as Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge.
Destructive Testing for Wall Thickness Measurement
Destructive means of testing the thickness of the materials is done by cutting the material into multiple sections to analyze the thickness of the bottle’s wall. When a material is cut into multiple sections, one of the samples is put inside the measuring device through which an optical beam passes to measure the thickness of coating perfectly. Like every time, it is not possible to cut the sample; this type of testing is rarely performed.
Non-Destructive Testing for Wall Thickness Measurement
The methodology of Non-Destructive testing has eliminated the requirement of performing destructive testing to a great extent. It is a widely used test procedure to measure the wall thickness of bottles, as it does not involve any type of cutting or deformation of samples to measure the thickness of the material.
How Non-destructive testing is performed?
Non-destructive testing is performed by placing a ball inside the bottle, or a container, whereas the probe of the device is placed opposite to it on the outer wall of the sample. Once the ball and probe are placed in their position, the probe received and reflected the ultrasonic waves to measure the actual gap between the probe and ball, which is further considered as a wall thickness of PET bottles. This type of testing can be performed easily with the help of a testing instrument known as thickness measurement equipment. It is the best wall thickness gauge which is used to perform non-destructive testing easily to measure the wall thickness of PET bottles. By accurately measuring the thickness of the bottles, the manufacturers in PET industries can ensure the uniformity of the bottle wall thickness gauge from all the angles of the Bottle.
Magnamike 8600 – For Wall Thickness Measurement
Magnamike 8600 is a widely used and highly effective testing machine that offers accurate measurements of the wall thickness of PET bottles. The Magnamike works on the principle of Hall’s Effect. Some of the technical specifications of Magnamike 8600 are:
- Data Storage – Removable Micro SD card of 2 GB
- Battery life – 12 h to 13 h
- The instrument is provided with a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- It provides the option of multiple language selections such as Japanese, English, International, Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Norwegian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, Czech, Italian, etc.
- Display type – Full VGA LCD with transflective color
- Alarm – High & Low alarms
- Resolution – 1 mm, 0.01 mm, 0.001 mm.
- Display dimensions (W x H, Diagonal) – 117 mm x 89 mm, 146 mm
- Capture mode – At 60 Hz measurement rate
- Data logger – Alphanumeric data logger
- Minimum Thickness measurement range: 0.001mm
- Maximum Thickness measurement range: Up to 4mm
Salient features of Magnamike 8600 – Wall Thickness Gauge are mentioned below:
- Work on the basis of Hall Effect sensor principle.
- Repeated measurements can be done on a single test sample
- Digital display readout
- Measurements through Target Ball and Magnetic probe
- Replaceable Wear Caps – Standard & Chisel type
- Larger Color VGA display
- Fast measurement rate 60Hz
- Programmable lock system with password for security purposes
If you want to know about the bottle wall thickness gauge, features or other technical specifications, then give call at +91 9210903903 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will get instant information about your queries.